1. Free Shared and Reseller Hosting account applications have been temporarily suspended.

For further information: Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
It can take 24-48 hours for the hosting/Teamspeak applications to be reviewed. Opening a thread before 48 hours, asking about the application timeline will result in your account and application being deleted permanently.

Before signing up for an account, please see our Forbidden Countries List (https://www.instafree.com/forbidden_countries.php). If you are on that list, please do not attempt to sign up, as you will not be given a hosting account. Using a proxy to circumvent that list is a violation of our TOS and will result in immediate deletion of your account.

PHP SQLite3 & server load question

Discussion in 'Free Reseller Hosting' started by MGCJerry, Dec 22, 2019.

1. MGCJerry

MGCJerry Premium Hosting Client

Got a bit of a question for @Bryan & anyone who may know or have experience...

I'm getting sick of exporting, editing, adjusting and importing line by line of my datasets at home. I'm currently doing a total revamp of a project of mine and I only recently learned that my core data in one of my programs is in SQLite format. All these years wasted converting and adjusting when I could've just used this one file instead...

However, I'm doing some code on my test server in-house and I've noticed my Sqlite dataset takes a bit longer to process than the plain PHP/MySQL of the same dataset. I'll be honest, I'm not hugely familiar with Sqlite and how heavy it hits server side vs mysql. How bad would it be to utilize a mysql, & sqlite on one site? The Sqlite dataset would only be necessary on one portion of the site and a separate mysql dataset will compliment the sqlite data.

How much of a problem would this be?

2. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

SQLite is generally pretty good as far as resources are concerned. There are forums and all sorts of stuff use SQLite without any problems at all.

Shouldn't be a problem to run such a thing at all. :)

MGCJerry likes this.
  3. MGCJerry

MGCJerry Premium Hosting Client

Awesome. Thanks Bryan.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Now I can feel better going full speed ahead with this project.

Have a good Christmas & New Years :)

Bryan likes this.